Saturday, August 11, 2007

Montreal escape hatch

Finally, back with a post. I've been a little neglectful, I admit. Just a little distracted from the summer warmth and activities. However I have been snapping while away, so I am accumulating a lot of fodder for this blog. A good thing. And I do intend to get my posting schedule back in shape.

On another note, I've realized that this exercise of posting pics online has forced me to think about digital media storage and organization. I have recently begun a new system of saving the pics I put on this site, which I hope will prove to be more effective. Though I don't have complete faith that in two months I won't be shaking my head and wondering why, WHY I didn't catalogue the images differently. If anyone has suggestions for media storage, let me know. I haven't invested in a DB system just yet... but if I ever become more sophisticated, i.e. launch, custom program (and pay for) a real web URL, I may want it to be DB driven, no?

No comments: